- Kitchen connections to sinks (underneath as well) dishwashers and fridges.
- Bathroom connections including sinks, baths. toilets and showers for dripping taps or leaking shower heads.
- Laundry looking at washing machine connections as well as taps, toilets and showers.
- Its also good to check around the wall of your premises for damp patches as these could indicate a leak.
- Outdoor garden taps and hoses.
- Reticulation, look at the sprinkler heads and if you observe any extra green patches or loose paving stones, think leak detection.
- Automatic solenoids and manual isolation valves
- Any exposed pipe work.
Did you know you can check your toilet cistern for leaks by putting food colouring in the tank. Without flushing it, look for colouring seeping into the toilet bowl. If the colour gets through then you have a leak, call us to fix it.
Also do not forget to have a look at your hot water unit, check its condition and check for water leaks. Getting it serviced regularly will ensure optimum efficiency and longevity.
Burst pipes and water leaks can be temporarily stopped by turning the water at the water meter. There is a water meter located at the boundary of your property but this is only a short term solution. Zambezi Plumbing can attend promptly to carry out leak detection and pin pointing the route cause. Once located we carry out the required repairs and maintenance to stop the leak.
The Water Corporation only supply water to the property boundary up to the water meter, property owners are responsible for the rest including:
- the cost of any water use registered on the water meter
- all water used or lost through the internal water service
- ensuring the internal water service is in good condition.