Suffering blocked drains? Whether it’s a sink, drain, toilet or sewer, we’ve got the solution.
Unattended drainage problems can lead to flooding, property damage and health problems.
Don’t put-up with blocked showers, bath drains, kitchen sinks or toilets. Whether internal sewer or external storm water issues, Zambezi Commercial Plumbing and Gas have the latest equipment to unblock your drains and protect your family’s health by attending to all blockages immediately. Blocked drains may be unhygienic with hair, fats or grease collecting, causing breeding-grounds for bacteria and mould in bathroom and kitchen pipes. Backed-up showers/sinks force dirty-water exposed to this up drains, creating unhealthy conditions.
Drains become blocked for several differing reasons, it just depends what kind of drain it is, where it’s located and what it drains. For example, too much toilet paper, hair, soap, grease, small debris, tree roots and cracks or breakages can all prevent water from flowing properly through the drain.
HOW CAN YOU PREVENT BLOCKED DRAINS?
Blocked drains are a common problem none of us want to face, always occurring at the worst time possible. Not only can be unpleasant and some situations can quite become quite desperate – literally! Blocked drains can range from overflowing gully’s, slow draining bathroom drains and kitchen sinks to gurgling and rising toilets. In addition to rendering the drains useless, blocked drains can cause unpleasant smells, leaks and even flooding therefore they need to be dealt with as soon as possible.
Here are some tip to help prevent blocked drains
- Don’t pour grease and fat down the drain- This is the primary causes of blocked drains in kitchen sinks. To prevent this happening try emptying grease or fat into a disposable container and disposing of it in the rubbish.
- Toilets are not rubbish bins- Bodily waste and toilet paper are the only things that should be flushed down the toilet. Not feminine hygiene products, cotton balls, paper towels, baby or cleaning wipes, these products should all be placed in the rubbish bin.
- Drain strainers- These trap hair, food and other debris, preventing them entering into the drains.
- Tree Roots- That’s nature for you! Regularly clearing drains using a drain machine, clears out the roots that have penetrated drain pipes, saving you those inconvenient blocked drains. (We recommend every 6-12 months)
Knowing the common signs of blocked drains can help alert you to problems early, saving you money in the long run. These common symptoms include:
- Gurgling sounds when you flush the loo
- Rising water levels in your toilet
- Unpleasant smells creeping up your plug holes
- Sewage coming up your pipes into your shower, bath, or sinks
How we fix blocked drains
Zambezi plumbers have vans kitted-out with latest drainage technology equipment unblocking pipes and cleaning drains. High-pressure drain cleaners (hydro-jets/jetting machines) clear blockages and CCTV drain cameras inspect causes and potential damage.
Have you got a backed-up toilet, or sewer drain blockages need clearing? Drain machines are flexible steel rods with cutting apparatus for clearing tree-roots or hard obstructions. If tree-roots are your obstacle, drain-cleans are recommended every 6-12 months.
Suspect problems beyond your reach, deep within pipes? Drain jetters (hydro-jets) have longer reach for cleaning sewer/storm water drains. Perfect for clearing kitchen sinks clearing grease/fat blockages and removing roots deeper into pipes.
Concerned about potential damage or drain block re-occurrence?
Drain cameras can be sent down storm water drains/sewer pipes, review reasons for blocked drains after clean-up, analysing for pipe damage (breakages requiring repair), in cases of collapsed or misaligned pipes.
Whether kids flush toys, sinks won’t empty or drains smell and gurgle, call the experienced plumbers at Zambezi Plumbing & Gas our vans are equipped and ready to go with the latest drain clearing equipment.